‘We’, ‘us’ or ‘our’ means Warburtons Limited of Back O’Th Bank House, Hereford Street, Bolton, BL1 8HJ (company number 00178711); and
‘You’ or ‘your’ means the person buying goods from us.
Who are we?
You will hopefully know us as a manufacturer of crumpets, bagels, teacakes and bread. Dedicated Gluten free products are also made by us at our dedicated manufacturing site in the North East.
This document describes all of the legal T&Cs related to the sale of gluten free products (the goods) by us to you. There are also separate terms related to the use of our website and our privacy policies.
- If you buy goods on our site you agree to be legally bound by this contract.
- This contract is only available in English. No other languages will apply to this contract.
- When buying any goods you also agree to be legally bound by our website terms and conditions.
- When you buy the goods, you will be providing your personal data to a third party to enable them to process payments and orders on our behalf.
- We will collect your name, address and products ordered by you in order to ensure that your order can be picked and sent to you. We will pass the same details to our delivery provider.
- Ordering goods from us
- Below, we set out how a legally binding contract between you and us is made.
- You place an order on our website by choosing the products you want, entering your address and payment details and clicking that you accept these terms and conditions. Please read and check your order carefully before submitting it. However, if you need to correct any errors you can do so before finally making payment.
- Third party suppliers will then process your payment. We do not have access to your payment card details.
- We will accept and confirm your order by email. When we send you this confirmation email, we will then be legally obliged to supply the goods to you.
- Right to cancel
- As the goods are perishable, there is no right to automatically cancel the contract for convenience. Once your order has been made and confirmed by us, we will proceed to fulfil it.
- You may only reject the goods if they are not fit for purpose, not of satisfactory quality or not as described by us.
- We use a recognised delivery service to deliver our goods to you.
- The goods should normally arrive within 48 hours of placing the order. This is an estimated time of delivery only and they may arrive later.
- Delivery of the goods will take place when they are delivered to the address that you provided on our website.
- You agree that if you are not at home when the delivery is made, that the goods may be left at your property. You will not be required to sign for the goods.
- You are responsible for risk of loss or damage to the goods when delivery has taken place. In other words, the risk in the goods passes to you when they are left at your property.
- We do not make deliveries to any addresses outside of Great Britain.
- All main debit cards will be accepted including visa debit and mastercard.
- Your card will be charged at the latest when the goods are dispatched.
- All payments by card need to be authorised by the relevant card issuer. We may also need to use extra security steps via:
- Verified by Visa; or
- The price of the goods:
- is in pounds sterling (£)(GBP);
- includes VAT at the applicable rate; and
- does not include the cost of delivering the goods (which will be separately set out on the website).
- Nature of the goods
- The Consumer Rights Act 2015 gives you certain legal rights (also known as ‘statutory rights’), for example, the goods must:
- be of satisfactory quality;
- be fit for purpose; and
- match the description, sample or model.
- We must provide you with goods that comply with your legal rights.
- The packaging of the goods may be different from that shown on the website.
- If you believe that the goods are not of satisfactory quality or not fit for purpose, you should contact the Warburtons Customer Care team. Details are set out in clause 9.2. Wherever possible, you should keep evidence of why the goods are defective – this may include retaining a sample of the goods or taking pictures of the goods or both. Our Customer Care team will work with you to resolve the dispute.
- Faulty goods
- Nothing in this contract affects your legal rights under the Consumer Rights Act 2015 (also known as ‘statutory rights’). You may also have other rights in law.
- Limit on our responsibility to you
- Except for any legal responsibility that we cannot exclude in law (such as for death or personal injury), we are not legally responsible for any:
- losses that:
- were not foreseeable to you and us when the contract was formed;
- that were not caused by any breach of an obligation on our part;
- business losses; and
- losses to non-consumers.
- Except for any liability which can not be excluded as a matter of law, our liability is capped at the price of the goods supplied to you (before delivery costs are applied).
- Disputes, Complaints & Law
- We will try to resolve any disputes with you quickly and efficiently.
- You may write to us at Warburtons Customer Care, Hereford House, Hereford Street, Bolton, BL1 8JB or call us on 0800 243 684 in relation to any concerns. You can also contact us through www.warburtons.co.uk/contact-us.
- If you are unhappy with:
please contact us as soon as possible.
- the goods; or
- our service to you,
- If you and we cannot resolve a dispute using our internal complaint handling procedure, we will:
- let you know that we cannot settle the dispute with you; and
- give you certain information required by law about an online dispute resolution (ODR) platform to resolve the dispute with us.
- If you want to take court proceedings, the courts where you live in the United Kingdom will apply.
- The laws of England and Wales will apply to this contract.
- These terms and conditions set out the entire agreement and understanding between us in respect of its subject matter.
- Third party rights
No one other than a party to this contract has any right to enforce any term of this contract.